Thursday, January 7, 2010

A new year means new outfits

Wow, I can't believe we're already a week into 2010! 2010 marks a whole new year, and a whole lot of new outfits! Now, when I use the term 'new' I'm not necesarily talking about newly purchased clothes. Because as much as I love buying new clothes, shoes and accessories, moreover I love experimenting with new combinations from things already in my wardrobe.

Digging up clothes you haven't worn in years, and piecing them with wardrobe staples to piece together an outfit is just. so. satisfying. In light of this, I proclaim my 2010 Clothing New Years Resolution: To give new life to old clothing. Well, to be even more precise, to start wearing the all clothes I have in my wardrobe- or get rid of it. I find it quite shameful that I have some items in my wardrobe- still with tags on! I already have two big boxes of clothes I plan to sell in Glebe Markets/Ebay/St Vinnies some time. So I am going to set aside a day in the near future and go through every single item in my wardrobe and sort. it. all. out.
Here are some outfits from my 2010 so far...

At a friend's party:


Ruffle top: From a shop in Tokyo, on sale for AU$10
Purple Jeans: From a shop in Harajuku, Tokyo $AU 19
Shoes: Vintage Italian shoes from the 80s from the Wardrobe Store $65



Bracelets $2 each from Hello Gorgeous, Melbourne


High Tea at the Observatory Hotel (lucky me, again!) for one of my Best Friends, Anna's 20th

I was a bit outfit-anxious about this party, as I had heard some friends had bought new outfits for the occasion. I had not- so thirty minutes before I was meant to leave my house I was madly trying on/throwing around clothes in my room trying to piece together a combination that would work. After trying on what seemed like 100s of different tops, skirts and dresses, and receiving unconvincing"that's nice" comments from my Mum, I finally settled on an outfit.

I was pretty happy with it, seeing as everything I chose to wear I bought on massive sale! The separate pieces- top, skirt, shoes- added up to under $60. Sweet.


Top: Lacy sleeveless top, $4 in Op Shop on Chaple St, Melbourne

Skirt: Big by Fiona Scanlan: $34, from $60

Shoes: Nina New York: $25 from $180!



I'm on the chick on the right. Maddy in the middle is looking amazing in Alex Perry!




The most beautiful birthday girl Anna in Alannah Hill (R) and I (L)


I also wore a vintage brooch my Aunty gave me


All my friends looked absolutely stunning. It helps that they are drop-dead goregous...



5 comments:

  1. wow people bought OUTFITS for that? woahhhhhhhh. however everyone does look very nice. and as per usual your outfit was awesome. it so does not look like you pieced it together under 30 mins.
    and yay i know exactly where you got that top! i tried a really ugly carpet looking top that you and Anne persuaded me not to buy before you found this! HAHA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post thanks for sharing it all outfits are awesome

    ReplyDelete
  3. a perfect pair of ladies shoes definitely helps in augmenting their appearance. Shoes that are not only comfortable but conform to the beauty standards can also be had from the shoe stores!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should get an appropriate pair of ladies shoes that would go with your chosen outfit thus complementing your personality. Look elegant and beautiful, and conquer men’s hearts as you take every step. You just need to make your purchase plan aligned with your budget and preferences. Quality and comfort are the key attributes you should not compromise on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The right pair of ladies shoes could make them feel great and to seize attention of the gentlemen. There are endless brands of fashion shoes in the market that cater to ladies now.

    ReplyDelete