Sunday, January 31, 2010

Capital Travels Pt2

At The Chairman and Yip

Whilst in Canberra, we did partake in some other cultured activities- eating and shopping!

Unfortunately, the shopping in was Canberra is lacklustre. Much of the fashion was that quirky, avant-garde type style with lots of weird drapings, oddly cut fabric, too many buttons- you know the kind- that many middle-aged women seem to have a fondness for. Obviously not my thing. Would you believe that the only thing I bought the entire trip was a mug?!


Messing around in our hotel room

So Mum and I comforted ourselves with good food!

We had a magnificent lunch at an amazing Chinese restaurant called The Chairman and Yip. We had a two course meal which included red wine. Unfortunately, I am not sophisticated enough to enjoy red wine (ha!), but I can say that the food was divine! It is well worth a visit if you for some reason find yourself in Canberra!


At a cafe in the suburb of Manuka-

Wearing Sportsgirl top, vintage ring from Newtown Markets

I also took Mum to the amazing chocolate Koko Black- which I tried in Melbourne last year with my besties and have dreamed about ever since (unfortunatley, it's not in Sydney). We had the most deliciously decadent Raspberry Iced Chocolate! Mmmmmm...

Drinking our ice chocolates
Wearing Uniqlo top and jeans. Mum wearing top from Japan.

In all, our nation's capital provides scrumptuous eating options, houses an impressive collection
of fine art in the NGA, but disappoints on the shopping front.


No comments:

Post a Comment