Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Post Christmas (no) sales

Today I went to Paddington again with my Mum! But this time... I didn't buy a thing! Sure, there were so many clothes that I would give my left and right arm/leg for. Like a dress we saw from a Norwegian brand called Fin that was made from bamboo (!), or the sensational Opening Ceremony collection at Land's End in 5 Ways. Or the hundreds of shoes in Zomp, the Isabel Marant collection in Parlour X and the dresses in Willow. Not to mention the Romance Was Born Pop-up store, which was down a little alleyway and was like an underwater fashion-theme park!


Top: Uniqlo Thermo-top (!)
Embroidered vest: From a flea market in Tokyo, around $6!
Jeans: Roy Jeans, Melbourne $50, from $220
Necklace: Glebe Markets
Shoes: Vintage Italian shoes circa 1980s from The Wardrobe Store $60
Bag: Lauren by Ralph Lauren, bought in Boxing Day Sale 2005, David Jones $60 from $250







Top: Banana Republic $25
Bag: Pleats Please by Issey Miyake $50!
Jacket: from Isetan Shinjuku
Jeans: from Japan
Sunglasses: Oroton









Yes, I would happily give away my body parts to own these things, but for some reason, I wasn't in the buying mood. You know how sometimes, as much as you see so many things you want and have the capacity to buy, you just dont' feel like buying them at the end of the day?

I was happy just to admire, drool, and ah, drool some more. Plus Mum and I had lots of fun messing around with my camera. Ala The Sartorialist. To be honest, it actually felt good not buying anything. I just haven't found the post Christmas sales to be that good this year. I even checked out David Jones in the city on Boxing Day, and it was underwhelming to say the least. Too crowded, overpriced and just. not. worth. it. So until something really catches my eye, I'm going cold turkey! Although, whenever I have a bit of a dry spell, I tend to go on a bit of a psycho spending spree soon afterwards...

1 comment:

  1. ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE FIRST PICTURE. You look so natural and beaaatiful :) And those jeans look fantastic :) Wish you'd put a clearer pic of the shoes though, they look really nice. The B&W pic of your mum looks so modelesque. Glad you updated again, even though you don't update very often at least each post is worth the wait!

    ReplyDelete