Sunday, December 13, 2009

A couple of days, a couple of outfits


Grey Metalicus dress, and a beaded flower headband from Glebe Markets I bought for $4!












Top:
From a clothing store in Tokyo. The store had rails of different patterned tops exactly the same cut as this one (see below for another top I bought from the range) They were all only $15!
Jeans: Uniqlo
Bracelet: Bijoux, a bday present for my 20th.
Shoes: Nina Armado



Yesterday I spent a wonderful day in Newtown with my Mum. We looked in practically every shop on King Street. Newtown is such a dynamic precinct, full of character and vivaciousness. The clothing shops are interesting, and the op shops are even better. It would be amazing to live there.
It was such a relaxing day, as we wandered aimlessly from shop to shop, ahhhing and umming, picking up things and trying other on. Unfortunately, by the end of the day we were completely exhausted. Hence why I advocate shopping should be recognised as a sport- it takes endurance dammit!

My mum wearing a dress she found in a flee market in Tokyo!


The top I'm wearing is the same 'brand' as the top above- same cut, different fabric.
Today... I GOT A FRINGE!! I haven't had a fringe since I was little. I just wanted a bit of a change because I have had my "long hair with a side fringe" haircut for two years now! I wanted to go into the new year with a bit of a change. But it's more like a faux fringe- I can still sweep it to the side!

Speaking of the year two thousand and ten... it's time to start thinking of New Years Resolutions. Ok, ok, I know they are a bit silly because they're usually so easy to break. And I always do. Maybe it's because I set my expectations too high. I guess I shouldn't expect a total transformation, but some progress. To give more time to those in my life I love. To trust others, and myself more. To go after things I want, and to not give up so readily. To try to see things for what they are, not what I think they are. To learn about who I really am. Wow, 2010, here I come.




1 comment:

  1. holy SHIT awesome fringe! hehe your first outfit was from when we last met up. speaking of which that was a long time ago. my fault :'( i'll give you a call tonight cos i finally can! :D hope you're home. i went to newtown the other day too and foudn this store called elvis 4 cleo and it was so cool. there was lots of really cute jewellery there.
    your new years resolutions sound good so far. you started the "to go after things i want and to not give up so readily" one with exchange! so early start i guess :)

    anyway miss you! :) im glad you're updating on a slightly more frequent basis! talk to you soon <3

    ReplyDelete