Monday, February 8, 2010

Jewellery making

I just made a necklace!


All the pieces I used to make I bought in this fantastic jewellery bead store in Tokyo called Kiwa Seisakujo. This store is every jewellery-construction fanatics heaven. It is massive and has everything you could ever imagine, and things you couldn't even dream of. Whatsmore, it is unbelievably cheap.


I bought so many beads, chains, charms, crystals at this store- you name it, but I haven't put aside time to actually do something with them. Which is sad because I love jewellery making. Unfortunately, I am not very skilled in this domain- I don't know how to do fancy loops, or create intricate beadwork. I really want to learn how to become better at beading and jewellery construction. I find it so enjoyable to be able to piece together something so personal- a creation that is yours- from a simple pile of bits and bobs.

I designed an entirely gold drop of interlocking hoops, with a carelly positioned Swarovski crystal which hangs down in the middle of one of the hoops.

Would you believe that a packet of 10 of small Swarovski crystals was 260Y= Approx. $3.00!


My "workstation"


The collection of beautiful vintage buttons my Aunty gave me~ I'm planning to make some more pieces with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment