Monday, February 8, 2010

Buying like hotcakes!


Blogging here makes me realise how often I go out for a really nice lunch and day with my mum. I'm really lucky to have such a wonderful Mum who I can hang out with, and appreciate good conversations, clothes, and food with. Last week we went to Bill's in Surry Hills for lunch. Ohhhhh, it was so unbelievable! We've both wanted to try his place for a while, given the reports about how delicious his Ricotta Hotcakes are- world famous in fact!

I'm happy to say they live up to the hype! We're talking thick, fluffy hotcakes which you drizzle with maple syrup and bananas, and honeycomb butter. You can see why they would be so crazily yummy. We also had a chicken club sandwich, which has got to be the best sandwich I've had in my life!

Ok, enough food talk. We strolled from Surry Hills to Darlinghurst. My mum bought an absolutely gorgeous dress from a shop called The Wardrobe. It's a Piper Lane fitted gold, silver and black dress, which she looks so devine in. I also tried it on, and although it didn't look nearly as good on me, I shall be stealing it for a night or two nevertheless!

The dress

Striped dress from Japan, My necklace from Germany

Dress from Isetan Shinjuku

As usual, we walked, and walked, and walked, until our feet ached and we felt like collapsing!

1 comment:

  1. Your mum is super cute! You are really really lucky to have that- not all mums are as cool as yours. Looks like a really good day!

    ReplyDelete