Saturday, July 4, 2009

Sticks and stones may break my bones, so I prefer rocks.

So I have been going on a bit of a crazy buying frenzy. I think its just the excitement of the holidays, and the fact that I had been working a fair bit and haven't had the chance to actually enjoy what I have earnt.

Only three days after my trip to Paddington, I bought something else- a chunky metal-plated necklace (on sale for $40, from $50), which I absolutely adore. It's from Sydney designer Trina Hoy's label Enth and is part of her 2009 "Rock Opera" collection- "The Rock Opera collection combines metal-plated geometric glass shapes with tumbling textures of chain, playing with light and form to create depth within an entirely metallic palette"


I was talking to the owner of the boutique where I bought the necklace from, and she told me its Hoy's personal favourite piece from the collection and she wears it herself everyday! Personally, I love how the necklace balances the edginess of the jagged cuts of the rocks with simple chain interlockings. I was really drawn to the unique design of layered chains and the reflective look of the silver steel-coloured coating. I think it is quite a versatile piece, as it can be worn in the daytime with a simple LBD, or at night time for glamorous rock look.

Can't wait to wear it!

No comments:

Post a Comment