Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Girl of my dreams


Wait... there's more. A couple of weeks ago I had a girly day shopping with my bestie, Anne. We waltzed through the beautiful Strand Arcade, which is definately one of my favourite shopping spots in Sydney. At least window shopping.

But this time I did actually make purchases within the holy stained-glass windowed building! I picked up a copy of the magazine Lula: Girl of My Dreams, Issue 8 with the gorgeous Chanel Iman on the cover, from the Fleur Wood store. I had wanted to grab myself a copy as I kept reading again and again on fashion blogs about how divine the editorial shoots were in the British magazine. No truer words have been spoken. But I'll let the images speak for themselves...








It's a bi-annual magazine which has become a mag cult staple among the fashion flock. "Created for people of the world who love fashion, music, art, & make believe. Lula is gentle, whimsical and ethereal in tone, mixing high fashion to fall in love with and interviews that feel like late night chats with people you wish you knew. Editor: Leith Clark" Its more like a fashion book as its really quite thick. Although it was quite $$ at $25, the quality and beauty of the photo shoots, and the inspiration the pages evoke more than justifies its price. I picked up Issue 8, with the gorgeous Chanel Iman on the cover. The magazine is so beautifully and thoughtfully composed, with each page a mesmarising representation of fantasy and fashion.

A lot of the stores had sales on, but we all know that 40% off $1000 dresses isn't as exciting as you'd hope. Fortunately, Hussy had an awesome sale on. Well, more accurately, an awesome $10 sale bin. Yes, the clothes were literally in a bin. I always feel a teeny bit silly trawling desperately through the sale bin, trying to find a super bargain. But, what the hell!

Anne and I both hit the sale bin jackpot. She picked up a long and pretty orange scarf, which I will have to get a piccy of! I picked up a pair of sandals, exactly in my size! Ok, ok, my shoe collection is pretty massive... but $10 shoes from Hussy? No questions should be asked. They tie up around the ankle, so are a nice divergence from the gladiator sandle, which I think has had more than its day now. Also, they're comfortable as well- but I (and every girl) always say that about a pair of shoes until we spend a day (or hour) in them!


Wearing:

Dress: Blue Merino Wool Dress: Hello There! By Karen Walker

(Bought in Myer on sale from $140 to $60)

Necklace: Silver ball drop necklace: The Accessories Company

(Bought in Myer on sale from $12 to $6)

Leggings: Black glossy leggings

(700Y/$7 from Tokyo)

Shoes: by Hussy ($10!)

1 comment:

  1. Sweetheart, these images are so very beautiful. The editor's note evokes me to collect every issue and the content sounds like the literary dream of every girl just like us! xx

    ReplyDelete